- 6 eggs (separated with whites in one bowls and yolks in another)
- 50 grams Cocoa Powder - 11 syns
- 25 grams sweetener (I used the powdered kind but if you are using granulated then use 50gs)
- 1 TSP vanilla essence
- 1/4 TSP baking powder - 0.5 syns
- Touch of water
- 10 grams chocolate chips (I used dark as it was what I had) - 3 syns
Total syns: 14.5
Syns per serving: 1!!!
- Pre heat your oven to gas mark 4 or 150 c and line a shallow baking tin with baking paper.
- Grab your bowl with the egg yolks in and add your cocoa powder, sweetener and vanilla essence. Add the dry ingredients gradually as it can become very dry. If this happens just add a touch of water but do be careful of making the mixture too wet.
- Use an electric whisk (or a manual one if you have guns of steel) to whisk your egg whites until you get soft peaks.
- Fold your chocolate mixture into the egg whites. Be gentle with the mixture so you keep as much as the air in as possible. Make sure your mixture is fully incorporated.
- Pour your mixture into your baking tin and sprinkle your chocolate chips over the top. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until a cake skewer comes out clean from the middle.
- Once cooked leave your brownie to cook on a rack for 10 mins and then cut into 14 square serving.
Enjoy and make sure you tweet me @mymummyspam with any pictures of the scrummy brownies you make!!!